- Accurate materials lists
- Buildability analysis and review for design errors
- Contracts and insurance requirements review
- Cost analysis
- Ecological awareness and alternative "green materials advice"
- Environmental review
- Expert witness
- House and building surveys
- Material specifications review
- Minimize extras and eliminate unjustified extras
- Ongoing site inspections to ensure specified materials are used and that work progresses in an orderly fashion and in a workmanlike manner
- Oversee payment schedule
- Permit review
- Plan review
- Project planning and needs analysis
- Qualification review to assure consistent bidding potential of contractors and subcontractors
- Written diary of work progress and key communications between home owner/builder and contract and subcontractors
- Zoning analysis
“I recognize that there’s a need for harmony, balance, true understanding, and full disclosure in the realm of building and construction. I can provide it. I am a friend to my clients, to the land, and to the structure.” ~ John DeCiantis
JSD Consulting is a recognized and leading authority in the realm of quality, safe, and financially sound building practices. As such JSD Consulting collaborates with all members of the team – homeowners, contractors/sub-contractors, architects – to pull the dreams of clients into focus and develop a logical plan for execution.
- Insures that property owners are treated equitably.
- Helps property owners get the most for their money.
- Prevents problems and mistakes related to liability, insurance problems, structural deficiencies, unexpected costs, financial crisis due to property owners’ lack of experience and knowledge.
- Reduces stress and brings harmony to the worksite, both in the building process and between property owners and the labor force.
- Fills a gap in the construction market so that property owners can operate effectively as their own general contractors.
- Is an advocate and educator regarding quality building practices for both property owners and the labor force.
- Serves as a liaison and sought after “stamp of approval” on quality products and business practices.
- Aids in the preservation of historic architecture.